Sune T. B. Nielsen

Default Strange amp

I just think i blew my amplifier (Luxman 55A).
The wire to the right speaker accidentially touched a water pipe (connecting
it to ground), while playing. It gave a loud scratching sound and now the
right channel is totally dead. Also the left channel sounds low and
sometimes very distorted (but sometimes less).

What went wrong? Should I open and see if something looks burned og should I
just throw it away?

By the way somthing makes me wonder.
When i found it in thrash not long ago, i took it home, opened it and saw
that it was not that dusty inside and the fuses were ok. I turned it on an
connected my cd-player. Than when i connected a speaker i heard a POP, and
both saw and smelled smoke. I opened it again and stangely i could not see
anyting burned or find anything that was hot. I tried it again, and it
sounded fine - except from dust in the pot-meters. So i cleaned these and
hooked it up with four speakers, cd, record player etc. When i turned it on
it went POP again, with smoke and all. But it still sounded fine. So i have
used it in my living room since then until today.
Is that not strange?

/Sune