Jeff Wisnia

fredinstl wrote:

In my kitchen, my espresso machine is making the GFCI trip. When
plugging something else (such as toaster), it doesn't trip.
Also, plugging the espresso machine to another GFCI in my kitchen, it
doesnt' trip neither.
So is it due to the espresso machine or shall I just change the GFCI ?

thanks.

Fred.

Assuming the expresso machine is sitting on a nonconductive countertop
and it trips the GFCI as soon as you plug it in without you or anything
else touching it....

If it has a two prong plug it's probably the GFCI.

If it has a three prong plug it's probably the machine.

Like the previous poster said, try it on another GFCI, but not just
another outlet controlled by the same GFCI.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia