John Rumm

markzoom wrote:

Fortunately it's not in Nanny GB, it's where "practical" is of primary
importance, nay survival depended on it. I don't have to worry much
about regulations, but about practicality and safety. It looks like

To be fair the UK wiring regs represent very good practice from the
point of view of both practicality and safety. So following the spirit
of them will not do you any disservice even if you have no obligation to
do so.

skirting boards are the best way, I'll just make it obvious that wires
run in it.

There is nothing in the UK regs that would preclude doing that either
(if the sockets were also on the skirtings), and as you say given the
construction of the house, that may be the best way forward.

--
Cheers,

John.