markzoom

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message ...
In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
(Thinking back to the Victorian place I grew up in - tall (ish)
skirtings (c. 8") - all sockets surface mounted on the skirtings)

They're more like 18" in my 'public' rooms. And have got all the sockets
etc flush mounted in them.

A sensible arrangement (me thinks). Adding the sum health hazards and
injuries of the act of installing cabling in walls and installing
them in skirting boards, me thinks the boards are safest in total. The
dust alone is reason enough, particularly if it contains old lead
paint.