WillR

Glen wrote:
I am interested in making my own bass guitar (solid body), although I
don't know much about it. I know I have the woodworking skills and I
know the feel I like in a bass, but of much of fine detail of what would
make a good intrument (internal cuts and mechanisms, etc.), I am quite
ignorant. I started in two of my local libraries - and nothing. I
googled for books to order on the topic, but got a huge list, but I
don't know if any of them are worth a damn.

I know from past discussions that there are a few guitar makers here,
could one of you suggest a good book on the topic that I can either
order or get through inter-library loan?

TIA
Glen

Another guitar parts supplier

http://www.amwoodinc.com/canada/instrumentFrame.html