John G

"john" wrote in message

Ignoramus9970 wrote:

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 19:04:47 GMT, Vaughn Simon
wrote:

"Ignoramus9970" wrote in
message

Thank you. I also read that it was not sparking. I will probably
stay
away from it.

I am surprised that the government is selling the stuff. It
is not
particularly dangerous to possess or handle, but it is very
dangerous to
work on. Almost any tool that you put to it will create a plume of
microscoptic dust, dust that is very dangerous to about 5% of the
human
population. Beryllium can cause an incurable lung disease. My
wife's lungs
were ruined by the stuff.

Thank you. My wife would have an instant heart attack if I bought
beryllium rods and she learned about toxicity of berillium.

Dont tell your wife that they use berillium copper in many switches
and
electrical contacts. You probably have berillium copper in many parts
of
your house.

John

But he does not machine it or even get it out of the device it is part
of.
--
John G

Wot's Your Real Problem?