chris French

In message , Rod Hewitt
writes
wrote in
oups.com:

However as to someone's right to have a bank account in another name, I
would be extremely surprised if any bank entertained this, unless you
had documents identifying you as the named person.

It is perfectly possible to have two bank accounts in two different names.
My partner has exactly this - though one is in her (former) married name
(which is what she usually uses) and the other in her otherwise unused
maiden name. The latter was only opened a year or two ago. The bank did
want some documentary evidence of this and that. (Is this what you meant
about the documents identifying you as the named person?) I doubt that I
would express it as any form of 'right' to do this.

I that dIMM meant any old name you choose, rather than a maiden name
which you would have some documentary evidence for. Money laundering law
requirements I guess.
--
Chris French, Leeds