Andy Hall

Default Re-covering kitchen worktops

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 09:33:44 +0100, Grunff wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

' course I am. All I can say is that in the almost three years
since the worktops have been granite and the floor slate, the rate of
breakages has not increased and is very small.

I gotta say, the slate floor is something we're probably going to do
towards the end of this year. Nice thick chuncky slates just look sooo
nice as a kitchen floor.

Yes they do.

If you fancy lighter colours there is some nice Cornish stuff. It
didn't suit our setup but there is some nice stuff.

One word of warning that this is not a DIY job if you want to get an
excellent result. There is a variation in thickness of the
tiles, and sorting and bedding them to produce an even floor is
tricky. It is also very hard work because the tiles are heavy.

My recommendation (and TNP said similarly recently), is to budget for
a professional to do it, recommended by the supplier.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl