WillR

mac davis wrote:
On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 08:23:34 -0500, "Ross A. Virostko"
wrote:

I installed T8 fixtures in my new garage shop last fall. The heat did not "go
in" until Feb and the units lit up like incandescents. They take a little while
to get to full brightness and heat, not that its in, does help them get there
faster.

They do cause some radio interference on my favorite radio station - a very high
pitched whine. That may be because the radio is on a shelf right up by the ceiling.

I choose the T8s not because of the startup, but because they are supposed to
produce more light for less money. Just a Scotsman I guess.

The more for less is a consideration, too... not so much now, but within a year
or so, I hope to move the shop to Baja, and power conservation will be much more
important..

Actually if it is like some of the places I have lived and worked there
.... having any power is a greater consideration.

Reliable power is of course a significant issue there as well. Just make
sure you have a UPS for your computer system...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

--
Will