P. Tierney

"toto" wrote in message
On 31 Mar 2005 13:44:32 -0500, (Herman
Rubin) wrote:

In article , Rumpty
wrote:
The ones who need the better schools need to be removed from
the public schools and taught sound subject matter by those
who understand this, and not warehoused with their "peers".

That's an issue that needs to be addressed to the local school board who
has
control over the students.

The local school board has much less control than most
seem to think. Its members are "extra time", which means
that they are full-time otherwise, and they have all their
meetings taken up with the current administration of the
schools. Matters such as parking, allocation of the budget,
and others like that are all they can manage.

In general the school board hires the principals and administrators
where I come from. Thus they have plenty of control if they want it.

Ours has no say, and very little overall power in hiring beyond
the superintendent. The individual school site-based committees
pick their own principal and administrators, assuming they passed
the screening interviews of the superintendent. The school board
has no say at all (and they don't like it, I might add).

P. Tierney