Rob Sluys

"Gregg" wrote in
:

Does anyone have any expirence with the GMC tools from Lowes, I was
thinking about buying a few, would like some comments first.

I bought a GMC 7" wet tile saw when SWMBO and I tiled the living room.
I had 500 sq ft of 16" square porcelain tile to lay. plenty of cutting
involved. went through the stock blade and a little bit of another one
I bought to finish the job with. All in all it did well.. only bogged
down when the blade got REALLY dull. Came with a rip (is there really
grain to tile?) fence with a miter attachment, blade guard, and the red-
eye laser thingy. The fence sucked (spoiled by the aluma classic on the
grizz), the laser went out of whack as soon as you turned it on, and the
table was a piece of sheet metal (painted) that rusted to **** after a
few tiles across it 'honed' the paint off. That being said, it never
arced, sparked, overheated, or otherwise did anything funny. I kept it
filled with water and washed out the excess tile goo every now and then.
Was it a $900 MK Diamond saw? Nope, but I definately got my $88 out of
it. If I never use it again it will still be a wothwhile purchase.

~Rob, who's wife will never make the "you cut, I'll set" deal again when
tiling!