Henry

You can get a full coverage "non-woven" coverall with hood and booties for
about $3.50 each in boxes of 24 from Kimberly Clark. I buy these 10 cases
at a time for work. Check at your local safety or asbestos supply house.
If you tape all seams, wear latax gloves, and use a powered mask, it should
protect you from the dust. When you are done turning, vacuum or damp wipe
off the suit prior to removing. Remove the suit outside of the shop.
Dispose of the suit ($3.50). Take a cool shower.

Wear a suit and mask every time you enter the shop until you have completly
cleaned the shop. More than likly the next exposure will be much worse.

Good luck

Henry

"Barry N. Turner" wrote in message
.. .
I just came from my doctor's office. I turned one winestopper from a

piece
of cocobolo yesterday.

After I finished turning, I was in the shower within an hour. When I got
out of the shower I noticed some redness on the insides of both elbows and
applied some over-the-counter Cortisone 10 cream.

I awoke this morning with raised welts and itching. Also, on the area

under
my watch. I applied more Cortisone 10.

I went on to work, but left at noon to go to the doctor.

I had a minor reaction with cocobolo once before, but it was rather mild.
Actually, I had forgotten about it. This reaction was much worse and I
don't think I will forget for quite some time. I thought I was being

extra
careful by showering quickly, but apparently this was not enough.

Would long sleeves and dust collection help? Or, should I just forget

about
turning one of my very favorite woods? What other exotic woods should I
avoid? I'm guessing all of the rosewoods. By the way, the winestopper is
beautiful, but it's gonna be an expensive one!

Barry