Mary Fisher

Default Re-covering kitchen worktops

"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om...
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message

. net...
"S. Endon-Lee" wrote in message
om...

Is there something like a hard-wearing form of sticky-back plastic
(suitable for kitchens) that I could simply glue over the existing
worktop? If so, where can I find it - there doesn't seem to be
anything like it in the 'sheds'. It would need to be flexible enough
to 'roll-over' the chamfered front edge of the worktop, otherwise I'm
sure it would lift in no time flat.

You CAN still get Fablon and lookalikes - try decorators' merchants -

but
it's not all that durable for a kitchen surface. Also, when you have to

lift
it, it can leave deposits of adhesive. It might do the job for a few

months
as long as you protect it from hot and sharp objects. I'll be interested

in
others' suggestions.

Dont even think about it. The surest way to totally trash your
worktop.

I agree that it's not ideal but it wouldn't trash the worktop any more - in
fact not as much - as formica or tiles.

Mary