Mary Fisher

Default Scottish Gas ripoff?

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:32:19 +0100, "Jackie"
wrote:

Hi I just found out today that my sister in law(a widow) is paying

Scottish
gas £3500 to replace her old boiler and hot water tank central heating
system with a combi boiler. They will be removing the old hot water tank

and
boiler etc that was installed about 20 years ago which supplied hot water
and radiators. Is this about a fair price nowadays or is Scottish Gas

taking
the ****?

Without all the details (and the devil is sometimes in that), it's not
easy to be accurate, because there may be a need to do a fair bit of
new pipework. However, if there isn't, this price is at the top of
the market.

At an educated guess, she could have saved anything up to 50% of that
figure by going to a local heating engineer.

Well, in all fairness, they give the price in advance, it's up to the
customer to say yea or nay.

Mary