Brian Lawson

Hey ob,

Can we have a little better "size" description for # 313. I first
took your description to be an overall measurement, but looking more
closely I see no "teeth" in what is apparently the blade, so my
thought is that is just the blade that is 3-1/4". True?

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On 31 Mar 2005 15:27:26 -0800, "R.H." wrote:

Five of the objects have been correctly identified so far:

308. Brass stair/square gauges

309. This one was marked "body iron", as several replies have stated
it's for body work on cars, I'm still trying to find one like it on the
web.

310. Pencil sharpener

311. Cobbler's/leatherworker's punch

312. There is more overhang in this stack of wood than you could
normally get, though with nothing to compare it to I guess it's hard to
tell. I'd like to change the question here to: What design feature was
used to maximize the horizontal overhang?

313. No correct answers yet, it wasn't made for cutting but was used
circa 1890 for another purpose. Thanks to Bill for submitting this
one.

314. Curta Mechanical Calculator, thanks to Mark for sending in this
photo, and also for the surveyor's double prism optical square, from
last week's set.

Rob