The Real Tom

On 31 Mar 2005 04:29:04 GMT, Jim Yanik . wrote:

"Doug Kanter" wrote in
:

wrote in message
ups.com...
what an ungody stink. short of catching the stray bugger how do i
stop this. house smells like an amonia factory. i tried a baited cage
to no avail. and i don't have a cat inside to bring the buggers
around.

Drop a note in each mailbox in your neighborhood, worded something
like "A stray cat is doing such-and-such on my property. The cat will
be trapped and killed

If you are trapping it,why must you kill it? Why not just take it to the
local animal control services?

I think that's the point, you will catch the cat, and turn it over.
Providing no information of who you think it belongs too. Then the
animal control services will kill the cat.

The note never said the cat was going to be killed by the neighbor,
just stating a possible outcome for not keeping your cat indoors.

Your reaction sounds like same as the offending neighbor, and that's
why the cops might be callled, and you need your story prepared for
their visit.

If it is owned by someone,and tagged,it is not a "stray cat".

stray: http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionar...onary&va=stray

cat: http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionar...tionary&va=cat

Now let's put them together.

STRAY and CAT = STRAY CAT

get it?

tom

Cats roam,and are not included in leash laws.
You also have no legal right to kill it.

Besides,he specified "short of catching it".

If he did get hold of it,and it's tagged,he could send the owner a bill for
whatever damages the pet caused.

within the next 7 days. If you love your
cat......". Sign your name to it. The cops will visit you, but
there's not a damned thing they can do about it. However, the cat will
not show up any more, assuming it has a home.

I did this many years ago, and included a photograph of a dog which
was digging up my entire garden. It worked nicely, although the cops
were not pleased. But, you want the cops to show up. Why? The person
who complains to them will likely be the owner of the pet.* You want
the cops to go BACK to that person and tell them that you sound pretty
serious about this.

* Since anyone who lets a dog roam the neighborhood unsupervised is an
idiot (and a sociopath), the owner will probably also be stupid enough
to call the cops, thereby identifying themselves as someone who's
breaking the leash law. Duh.

Dogs are subject to leash laws as they can be dangerous to people.