Doug Kanter

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
om...
In article , "Doug Kanter"
wrote:
"Doug Miller" wrote in message
y.com...
*Some* dogs *are* as dumb as a bag of hammers. But if you think they
*all*
are, you've obviously never had a border collie or a golden retriever.
:-)

If I had sheep, I might like a border collie. But, they are one of the
most
hyperactive creatures known to man, and without something to absorb that
energy, they are a nuisance.

True enough... We have a border collie + Australian shepherd crossbreed.
Best
of both worlds: fabulous with sheep, but calm. Sleeps most of the time
when he
isn't working.

Actually, though, it's dog owners I have a problem with. Very odd mind
set.
What sort of sick individual takes a pet, on a leash, off their own
property, stops to let it crap on someone else's property, and then acts
indignant when told you clean it up?

Not sick, just selfish and thoughtless.

Well, that's where we differ, and I'm not alone in this regard. However, I
agree with your pipe soldering advice, which has worked nicely thus far, at
least on the practice chunks, clamped in a vise. Not a speck of water has
leaked out of those pieces. Of course, they were never used to actually
conduct water to begin with, but that's just a detail. :-)