James Sweet

"kaboom" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 05:34:23 GMT, "NSM" wrote:

"James Sweet" wrote in message

DVD players are
cheaper and offer far superior performance and have been for at least a

few
years now yet VHS clings to life. It's well on it's way to obsolesence

but
even so it'll be around for a few more years.

I hope. I hear many retailers are getting out of VCRs for HD/DVD

recorders.
No margin in VCRs anyway.

**I love my VCRs *and* I love my DVD recorder as well as my DVD
players I use them all. It's a bummer that VCRs are hard to get in
brick and mortar stores (well, except for the el cheapos). It just
forces people to the Internet if you want a better VCR, hmm, maybe I
should just say more expensive. It's sad that you can't get good VCRs
anymore.

What's to like about VCR's? They were great for a while, but whenever I use
mine (nice high end Sony from a few years back) I'm struck with how crappy
the picture looks in comparison to DVD's, add to that the tapes are big and
clunky, wear out with age, have to be rewound, etc. Now that DVD-R's are
inexpensive I see no more reason to keep a VCR around than an old DOS PC,
with both I keep one stashed around for those rare times I need to use
legacy material.