Mary Fisher

Default Re-covering kitchen worktops

"S. Endon-Lee" wrote in message
om...

Is there something like a hard-wearing form of sticky-back plastic
(suitable for kitchens) that I could simply glue over the existing
worktop? If so, where can I find it - there doesn't seem to be
anything like it in the 'sheds'. It would need to be flexible enough
to 'roll-over' the chamfered front edge of the worktop, otherwise I'm
sure it would lift in no time flat.

You CAN still get Fablon and lookalikes - try decorators' merchants - but
it's not all that durable for a kitchen surface. Also, when you have to lift
it, it can leave deposits of adhesive. It might do the job for a few months
as long as you protect it from hot and sharp objects. I'll be interested in
others' suggestions.

I agree with you about the dark brown - why do people do it? Any dark colour
in a kitchen is awful, it sucks out the light.

Mary

Many thanks,

Sid