lenny fackler

steve wrote:
Hi all.
I'm re-doing floor tiles in 2 bathrooms and was thinking about buying

small tile saw. There is one at a local hardware store for $150. It

cuts
tile and marble, is a 3/4 hp, includes a 7" diamond blade, rip fence

and
mitre gauge. I figure it will costs me almost as much to rent one on

2
occasions. I have a cheap manual tile cutter but it wopn't cut the

porcelain
tiles i'm installing. Oh yeah, the brand is Bolton Pro -7??
Anyhow any opinions appreciated.
kudos
Steve

I'm in the middle of several small tile projects. The cheap score and
snap tool I have works as long as I'm taking off a large enough section
of tile. For smaller and other difficult cuts I thought about buying a
wet saw and called the place I bought my tile from to ask for advice.
They offered to cut them for me (no charge). Lowe's around here will
also cut tile for .25/cut (came in handy on a sunday when the tile shop
was closed).
It's a small hassle to drive somewhere but worth it. Not only the
money, but the potential trouble and mess of using a low-end saw.