Ed Sirett

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:14:44 +0000, Simmmy wrote:

I have looked outside at the outlet pipe and it suggests it has been
leaking....water round the pipe and also on the ground underneath.

Whats the course of action now?

"I would suggest you fit a polythene freezer bag over the outlet pipe of the
relief valve with an elastic band to secure it. Then see if it collects
water in it when your boiler heats up. This will tell you if the water is
going out of the relief valve".

I would'nt say there was a excessive rise in water pressure whilst the
heating is running....just a loss of pressure after it cools back
down...again i can find no leaks to any plaster work inside the house or at
any radiators and boiler.

Sounds like the pressure relief valve has gone weak. This will need
replacing. The boiler manual will tell you how, if your are competent to
do so.