IMM

Default Under patio heating

"Capitol" wrote in message

Mary Fisher wrote in message
. ..

"geoff" wrote in message

But I see a lack of sense of responsibility on the part of those that
think "If I can afford to waste energy, it's OK"

So do I.

We're heading towards a potential energy crisis and runaway global
warming and the ostriches bury their head in the sand and think it's

not
their problem

It will be their children's and grandchildren's though. Or perhaps they
don't have offspring so that doesn't matter? Other people's children, the
rest of the created world, isn't important to the me-me-now-now way of
thinking.

Mary
--
geoff

The real world operates on the basis of the individual doing what pleases
him/her. This is why building and planning regulations(& speed limits) are
regularly ignored world wide.

Planning ignored in the UK? The planning mafia comes out for you.

If the individual is rich/idealistic enough to
heat his/her patio/conservatory, that is their
decision and is nothing to do
with any other person.

It is when it affects others. Then the government should step in to outlaw
conservatories as cheap extensions, as that is what most are. Extra living
space, not a place for plants.

Mary kept bees, no real economic/ environmental
justification, it suited her. Bees wax candles
are a personal choice item, ideal for the idiosyncratic
individual. I wouldn't dream of telling people
they shouldn't use them as they produce minute
quantities of strange toxins
when burned. A beekeepers neighbours may well
object to having what they
regard as a hazard in their locality, but in general
they don't go around
telling the beekeeper to get rid of the hives.

If bee keeping affects others then people should not do it. There are laws
to prevent nuisance, and they have been improved lately. Good old Tone.

All this crap about global warming

Global warming is an accepted fact by all the world's top scientists.

snip drivel, as it was getting worse