Capitol

Default Under patio heating

Mary Fisher wrote in message
. ..

"geoff" wrote in message

But I see a lack of sense of responsibility on the part of those that
think "If I can afford to waste energy, it's OK"

So do I.

We're heading towards a potential energy crisis and runaway global
warming and the ostriches bury their head in the sand and think it's not
their problem

It will be their children's and grandchildren's though. Or perhaps they
don't have offspring so that doesn't matter? Other people's children, the
rest of the created world, isn't important to the me-me-now-now way of
thinking.

Mary
--
geoff

The real world operates on the basis of the individual doing what pleases
him/her. This is why building and planning regulations(& speed limits) are
regularly ignored world wide. If the individual is rich/idealistic enough to
heat his/her patio/conservatory, that is their decision and is nothing to do
with any other person. Mary kept bees, no real economic/ environmental
justification, it suited her. Bees wax candles are a personal choice item,
ideal for the idiosyncratic individual. I wouldn't dream of telling people
they shouldn't use them as they produce minute quantities of strange toxins
when burned. A beekeepers neighbours may well object to having what they
regard as a hazard in their locality, but in general they don't go around
telling the beekeeper to get rid of the hives.

All this crap about global warming ignores the fact that mankind has
a built in self limiting trait, whereby the weakest go to the wall, the
population drops and the most resourceful survive. Harsh, but that's
reality. Look at Africa with Aids. If you're lucky, you die, before your
children do, but that's all there is to it, luck. It is impossible to
predict the children's future with any degree of certainty, unless you're a
prophet.

There is almost no justification for conservation in either
economic or environmental terms, it is todays PC good idea. If you disagree,
I suggest you go and research it. The only real benefit of the currently
fashionable organic food movement is that it provides employment in the
farming industry, but that is another example of the buyers spending their
income as they please. The pollution caused by growing and delivering it
destroys any environmental benefit the product may well have. The advantage
of global warming may be that the UK has a warmer climate, but on past
history, it will last for less than a century.

IMM claims that we need another 4M homes, I'd disagree, I think we
need 20M fewer people. Before anyone starts to claim that we need immigrants
to sustain our economy, I'd refer them to the old adage about necessity
being the mother of invention. We need problems for our population to solve,
the worse the problem, the better the chance of achieving a solution! Why
the state retirement/pension age is still at 65yrs escapes me, most of our
population, particularly women, are capable of working to at least 75 in
this day and age. Mary is still working.

AIUI the only reason that Thatcher is so unpopular with the PC
brigade (and IMM), is that she was prepared to try to take hard decisions
and attempt to make people face reality. Any manager knows that if you're
lucky 55% of decisions are correct, any more than that and you're close to
being God.

Personally, I'd use a thin film 110V centre tapped electric heater
under a layer of epoxy if I were trying to heat my patio. 55V wont kill the
dogs. Fast warm up, easy repairs if necessary. However, finding a home for
the 30KVA transformer might be a problem.

Regards
Capitol