Mary Fisher

Default Under patio heating

"Rod Hewitt" wrote in message
"IMM" wrote in
:

And NHS hospitals allow televisions that can't be switched off! How
much does that waste? (Add costs of a/c in summer.)

Are you saying two wrongs make a right?

Absolutely not. Simply that the OP got a rough ride for what I would

regard
as a silly and wasteful plan.

Yes.

And the hospitals and the company involved
are wasting even more and deserve an even rougher ride for being even more
ostrich-like.

Yes.

And that is without considering the other negative aspects of
forcing the television services on patients.

Yes yes yes yes!

When another grandson was in hospital he had his own personal telly/game
player which swung out over his bed, overhead. All the children in the ward
had them. The theory was that they could choose to have them on or off. The
practice was that their visitors might as well not have gone.

When Spouse was in hospital he had his own telly in his room, the only radio
channels were blah ones. He didn't watch telly, I bought a solar powered
radio for him to listen to. All the other rooms had telly going whether or
not there were visitors.

shudder

Mary

--