TheNewGuy

charlie b wrote:
To really sneak up on the fit, the curlies should be transparent
and have to be vacuumed off the ceiling.

Haha!! Good imagery. Yeah, I'm sure mine weren't the thinnest of
shavings the world's seen. But gratifying none-the-less.

You're on the slipper slope now.

I admit - I currently have the medium shoulder plane in my "basket" at
LV :^)

You'll find neandering to be compatible with late night
woodworking - when quiet rules. The sound of a japanese
pull saw, the almost imperceptible noise a paring chisel
makes as it slices of a small shaving of wood, a shoulder
plane taking off just the skosh needed for the joint to
go together just so, a smoothing plane or scraper wooshing
over wood, leaving a shiny burnished surface behind.

And still being able to hear the chorus of frogs chriping outside.

But when it's daylight and the noise level begins to
rise - kick on the dust collector and compressor
and fire up the table saw, miter saw, joiner and
planer!

Yeeaahhh, Baby!

-Chris