Doug Kanter

"bl" wrote in message ...
Jim Yanik wrote:
" wrote in
oups.com:

see you catching or transporting the cat. Cat owners who allow their
cats to illegally go off their property

Its NOT illegal.

Depends on where you live. It's illegal in my county. Here's the excerpt
from my county code:

Sec. 6-3. Animals at large.
(a) No person shall allow any animal to roam or stray or to
be off the keeper's premises unless it is at all times under
verbal control or physical restraint of a responsible person.

Unless of course you have the cat under verbal control.

I probably got lucky just once, but my cat set foot in my vegetable garden a
few times and was treated to a quick shower with a cold hose. After that, it
was as if there was an invisible fence around the plot. Even if I wasn't out
there working, she'd walk around it, never through it. They *are* able to
learn what's off limits, unlike dogs, which are as dumb as a bag of hammers.
It might be possible to train the offending cat, even if it's not yours. I
like the cayenne pepper idea.