Richard Faulkner wrote:
Hi,

I live in a flat where the letterboxes are a bank of 7 at the front
door. They all have normal letterbox flaps but the mail falls into a
fairly shallow box and is easily removed from outside.

Some of my mail is being stolen from my letterbox - before
Any ideas??

add a strip of wood (full door thickness) in the gap to halve its
height

Insert large headed bolts, one either side, to restrict the flap
opening.

Make cutouts in the boxes and put a sloped floor in each box (with cadr
etc) so letters fall into another container. Said container could be a
sack that lets the letters drop to almost floor level.

Seal up the flaps and provide a bell push, labelled 'postman press
bell'

Put a locking steel mailbox on the outside, you empty it daily.

Put up a sign 'smile, youre on camera'

etc etc