mike ring

Default 240v LED for bathroom fan

(Roy Millar) wrote in
:

Just add in series one of those interference-suppressor devices
(actually 0.1 uF / 250VAC with 100 ohms in series) and you've got some
protection against current surges caused by spikes on the line.

A fairly cheap, non-dimming, non-flickering substitute for a neon.

Works for me in the occasional home-built contraption; maybe some
manufacturers actually use this arrangement?

Sounds like a good idea, but google and maplin came up dry (well on google
the first umpteen hits), so who's gottem; also what sort of suppressor -
how would I know what's in it from it's description, or to measure it

mike r