Vic Baron

Understood but I was in the same position a while back and because I READ
some of the rants about size, I took the time to locate a resize application
before I uploaded. If you visit any binary group that uploads pix there will
ALWAYS be a discussion about size. True, some people belabor the point but
you did learn something, didn't you?

AS far as the other stuff - I have three options - kill filter, delete key
or just ignore. Unfortunately it comes with the territory and you will
always have something like this going on in any newsgroup or forum. When one
troll leaves another takes it's place.

SO WHAT! It is annoying yes but the overall info in this group is
exceptional.

IMHO, giving up on the group lets the bad guys win - that is their entire
aim - cause enough disturbance to disrupt everything.

Vic

"NorthIdahoWWer" wrote in message
I tend to agree more with Don. There are not only more porn postings here,
which I know are under no control by actual woodworkers, but I recently
posted pics on abpw on a railing I did and there was more discussion about
the size of the pictures than on the work itself. What a complete waste

of
time. I've found myself coming here less and less as the topic strays

more
and more from woodworking.

If I have a specific question about something, the people here have always
been very helpful. I just get annoyed by the ot rants people get on and
it's becoming too time consuming to weed through it to find the useful
information. Anyway, that's my rant.

Will

"D. J. Dorn" wrote in message
I've learned a great deal from people on this newsgroup either by asking
questions or by lurking. Hopefully, I've been able to pass some help

here
and there as well. For the time being, I've decided to take a hiatus
because I'm sick of all the disgusting posts and people going through

such
lengths to prevent you from blocking them. It's truly a shame that such

productive newsgroup has to be ruined by such people.

Don