Gunner

On 31 Mar 2005 06:14:27 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

After what she's been through, Borgaard said, she isn't too worried
about the car.

Yeah but her cell phone got all wet!

I'm sure all those rescue workers were pleased they
had to fish somebody out of the river because they
were yakking on the phone and just drove off the
road.

Jim

The legal secretary talked about her fears and near-drowning, both to
thank her rescuers and to tell the world she is a good driver who was
aware of the traffic around her, was not speeding, was alone in the car
and was not distracted by talking to her sister, Alicia, on her
hands-free phone about dinner plans as she drove to a downtown hair
appointment.

"It was no different than if she had been sitting next to me," she said.

Alicia heard her cry "Oh! Oh!" before the phone went dead. She knew
something had happened but didn't know where. She started tracking
Melissa's movements to find her.

By then, Melissa was underwater.

The bridge surface's wet grating had felt as if she were driving on ice,
she said. As she began to slide and quickly steered to avoid a nearby
car, she overcorrected. Then she felt as if she had been launched from a
slingshot. "There wasn't anything I could do" as the back end of her SUV
swung around and sent her flying, she said.

Shrug.

Gunner

Lathe Dementia. Recognized as one of the major sub-strains of the
all-consuming virus, Packratitis. Usual symptoms easily recognized
and normally is contracted for life. Can be very contagious.
michael