geemike wrote:
Anyone know how a wood-grain fiberglass door will hold up to a
dog's claws?
We want a replacement for our entry door. If we go with wood I'll
screw some brass plates where appropriate. If she can groove
fiberglass it will be very noticeable, and difficult to hide.
I think I might like to use fiberglass if it will stand up well to
our dog's doorbell hysteria. Our current door is 10 yrs. old,
fir, and shows 1/8" deep grooves where our Aussie attacks it.

Thanks,

Mike G

The steel door might be a better solution. Further, you can buy
magnetic kick plates that are a snap to replace and can be adjusted
over time to find the best spot to cover your canine's door attacks.