RicodJour

steve wrote:
Hi all.
I'm re-doing floor tiles in 2 bathrooms and was thinking about buying

small tile saw. There is one at a local hardware store for $150. It

cuts
tile and marble, is a 3/4 hp, includes a 7" diamond blade, rip fence

and
mitre gauge. I figure it will costs me almost as much to rent one on

2
occasions. I have a cheap manual tile cutter but it wopn't cut the

porcelain
tiles i'm installing. Oh yeah, the brand is Bolton Pro -7??
Anyhow any opinions appreciated.

Any opinions, or any reasonable opinions?

Your idea of buying one instead of renting makes sense. You might also
want to think about turning around and selling it on eBay or Craigslist
when you're done with it. That way you can get a better saw and still
have it end up costing you about the same amount of money.

I'm not familiar with the tile saw you mentioned, but I would be
cautious about the lower end saws. I don't know what size saw you
need, but keeping in the 7" range...

MK is a good name - here's one on eBay with free shipping, a seller
with perfect feedback and less expensive than the one you were looking
at:
http://tinyurl.com/68t2a

Here's another good brand - different type of saw, more like a table
saw, and a bit more money:
http://tinyurl.com/6ts4k