I went through this same kind of problem and researched and got all
sorts of advice.

Are you sure you are doing the cage correctly? You have to put it in a
place the cats will travel, have the proper size, give the proper bait,
and be patient. Also, what are you going to do with the cat once you
catch it? I assume you did what I did and got the cage from the local
shelter and would send the cat there. Make sure your neighbors don't
see you catching or transporting the cat. Cat owners who allow their
cats to illegally go off their property generally don't like anything
anti-cat and won't do anything even if you, say, put notes in their
mailboxes.

My cage didn't catch all the cats. Mothball and other deterrents
didn't work. I finally found my last resort worked: a BB gun. Just
don't be too close to the cat, as actually injuring one could be
illegal.