Doug Kanter

wrote in message
ups.com...
what an ungody stink. short of catching the stray bugger how do i stop
this. house smells like an amonia factory. i tried a baited cage to no
avail. and i don't have a cat inside to bring the buggers around.

Drop a note in each mailbox in your neighborhood, worded something like "A
stray cat is doing such-and-such on my property. The cat will be trapped and
killed within the next 7 days. If you love your cat......". Sign your name
to it. The cops will visit you, but there's not a damned thing they can do
about it. However, the cat will not show up any more, assuming it has a
home.

I did this many years ago, and included a photograph of a dog which was
digging up my entire garden. It worked nicely, although the cops were not
pleased. But, you want the cops to show up. Why? The person who complains to
them will likely be the owner of the pet.* You want the cops to go BACK to
that person and tell them that you sound pretty serious about this.

* Since anyone who lets a dog roam the neighborhood unsupervised is an idiot
(and a sociopath), the owner will probably also be stupid enough to call the
cops, thereby identifying themselves as someone who's breaking the leash
law. Duh.