Andy Hall

Default Under patio heating

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:53:29 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:34:49 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

public transport .
At present, it is inconvenient, expensive and time consuming to use,
is generally filthy and smelly.

How would you know?

:-)

Mary

I recently went on a bus, a train and the London Underground.

On a brand new train, the seats are ripped, there's graffiti on the
walls and there are bogies parked on the backs of the seats.

It would take two buses running at infrequent and erratic times to go
to the next town with a time of nearly an hour. Why would I want to
do that when I can be there in ten minutes in the car when I want to
go?

In a Sunday supplement not long ago, there was an article about the
world's metropolitan underground railways.

The Moscow metro was described as "Trains let loose in a subterranean
winter palace"

The Tube was described as "Trains let loose in a public toilet".

That sums it up.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl