Dave Solly

"RicodJour" wrote in
oups.com:

Dave Solly wrote:
I need to replace the facia all around the house. It is presently a

pressed
"paper" product that is falling apart.

My first thought was wood, but would a cememt board product such as

Hardie
(SP), or a plastic type product be better? How about hanging gutters

on a
cement or plastic product? Any problems there?

Both the fiber-cement and pvc (such as Azek) work well. The plastic
products shouldn't be painted dark colors as they will warp in the sun.
You can use gutters with either product, but you should hang the
gutters from the rafter tails and not rely on the strength of the
fascia board itself.

Thanks for all your input. I question about the hanging of gutters was
more in line with the huge spikes they use, and is there a problem with
pounding those through a non-wood product.

Dave