Tom

Default Burnham boiler/company problems

I live in NJ and just had a a Burnham boiler (model =
204BCL-TEi2)installed. After 4 visits, the contractor still cannot get
the well to exceed 180 deg. He replaced the Honeywell? aquastat 4 times
to no avail. He "fixed" it by mouting a honeywell strap-on aquastat
about 40" above the boiler, on the outbound pipe. Not only does
contractor believe he fixed it, Burnham wrote me a letter accepting
this.

Can ANYONE endorse this jury-rig. I am living in aquastat hell and
cannot believe Burnham would support this. There is no logical reason
that the operating specs, efficiency etc. would be the same with a
remote aquastat.

Thoughts?

Thanx, Tom.