Warren Weber

"Ross and Paula Richardson" wrote in message
I am new to this group, but have been in the aviation groups for years.
First let me apologize if this has been discussed before, but I am
needing some information fast.

We are in the north TX area and will be putting in a new deck. I have
had a couple of the wood and pressurized treated decks but they require
(too much) maintenance. The new synthetic decks are appealing, but I
know nothing about them and what to expect. I have been looking at the
manufacturer's websites, but they don't give me the real answer. Have
these materials been out long enough to know how they will really be in
15 or 20 years? Are they really maintenance free? What does have to be
done to them besides some periodic cleaning? When I talk to contractors
what should I ask and which material is better? One contractor we have
talked to does not like to install it because of the unknowns. He likes
real wood. And, if I go with wood, suggestions please.

Lots of questions...

Who has installed the synthetic decks and are you happy?

Thanks in advance.

Ross

Ross Go with the synthetic. I insalled this 8 years ago. On west side, Much
hot sun. Can walk on it barefoot, smooth no splinters. I feed lots of birds.
If they poop on it, rain washes it clean. I did the rails and uprights with
same material. I did not want to do costly,messy, sealing on deck every
year. Deck is 12 feet above a cement patio and is 13 x 42 feet in size. This
would have been a difficult job to seal. I used Choice Deck but I think
there are nicer looking products out now. Google for all brands. Warren