Rick

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:45:09 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

Lobster wrote:
Mogweed wrote:

Well, I've got a B&Q trade card but never got any trade discount from
them (unless it just wasn't available on the stuff I've bought).
Personally, all the card means to me is that I can get stuff, put it
on the account and pay later.

Trade discount at B&Q has certainly been mentioned in this ng; maybe it
has nothing to do with the trade card??

After all the replies confirming categorically that B&Q don't offer any
trade discount, I've been trawling: it was "Rick"
) who mentioned having managed this before. Are
you there, Rick?!!

David

Sorry for the delay, been shifting my latest delivery, and the Bobcat
is broken :-(

In my local B&Q (Chester) you goto the trade desk, and pick up the
trade price list. This is lower prices than the shelf prices.

Once you have your order (I buy enough to fill the delivery lorry),
you go back to the trade desk, and order the stuff. You get the shelf
prices, so you wave the trade price list, and magically the prices
come down. If you have a written quote from elsewhwre, wave that, and
the prices come down some more.

There are 2 types of B&Q, red - who don't have trade desks, and orange
who do.

Overall the service I have had is 100%, they deliver at the right day,
in the right place (a field 1/2 a mile from my house).

If you want a whole pile of stuff, and can get an arctic in, then they
are open to even lower prices, talk to the trade desk manager.

The trade account is like a credit card, is not an extra low price.
However you may be able to get grandad to buy with his 10% off on
Wednesday card, but then he is unlikley to need a lorry load of bricks
and sand, every few weeks.

Rick