IMM

Default Under patio heating

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

I see no measures to improve the efficiency of vehicles.

That does indirectly since manufacturers
design cars to meet income
tax and road tax cost breakpoints.

They make cars to make the most profit.

the legislation

Car makers can easily be legislated. House building can be easily
legislated. Boiler are to be 86% in ayears time - legislation.

Appliances can be easily. New house building can be to a point.
Additions and changes to existing properties are much harder to
control via legislation unless you plan to employ a whole load of
eco-inspectors going door to door with power of entry.

You have a check each time the house is sold. Doe the electricity come up
to standard, gas , etc, including the insulation vales, etc. Simple.

People make
decisions primarily based on
economic and convenience criteria.

So legislation is needed to make
sure what they buy conforms.

There is already more than enough of that.

There isn't as we are choking ourselves
and running out of fossil fuel.

Everything is relative.

I repeat: "There isn't as we are choking ourselves and running out of fossil
fuel.

I repeat: "A glass box cannot be well
insulated no matter how hard you try."

That depends on your definition of "well".

Nowhere near current insulation regs never mind the forthcoming stricter
ones.

Personally I prefer to
see out and to be able to breathe
fresh air when I want - not to sit