AlexW

s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:
On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:16:13 +0100, AlexW
wrote:

I assume that you mean that the frame goes around the timber as shown in
the section below (looking top down, timber = #, metal = +).

Each post is like this (Cross sectional view, looking down from the
top):

OUTSIDE

##
##+++++++++++ ___________________ _ _
##+++++++++++ |
##+++++++++++ | DOOR (CLOSED)
##+++++++++++ |
##+++++++++++ |___________________ _ _
##=============
##
##

INSIDE

Where ## is brickwork, == is metal and ++ is wooden post.

I suppose I could use a chisel but it will be a pig of a job as the
post is a little loose and the resulting cut will probably be uneven.

Ahhh ... I was thinking of the timber frame which is part of the door
.... clearly had the wrong end of the stick (post) ... sorry.

Would it look naff or effect the workings if the metal bit == was sawn
off as well with a guided hacksaw?

Otherwise it looks like drills & chisels.

If you decide to chisel it might be worth doing at 45 degrees from front
to back which would probably look a bit neater and make screwing on a
new section a little easier. Probably an easier working angle too.

Alex.