luch wrote:
I'm going to be putting a tv in a room where the viewing area will be
across the room, with a lot of ambient noise. I'd like to hook up my
tv to speakers in the viewing area, but the tv has not audio output,
just a headphone jack. Is there an adaptor that will allow me to
convert from the headphone jack to a speaker connection? These
speakers would not be powered, just in-wall speakers.

(snip)

I would find a small-ish stereo amp, put it next to the tv. connect the
tv headphone out to its tape input (with 3.5mm jack to 2X RCA phono
plug lead). Then wire up two speakers from the amp to the listening
area.

-Ben