Bob Eager

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:44:16 UTC, Richard Faulkner
wrote:

I live in a flat where the letterboxes are a bank of 7 at the front
door. They all have normal letterbox flaps but the mail falls into a
fairly shallow box and is easily removed from outside.

Some of my mail is being stolen from my letterbox - before I get to it,
and I am reasonably sure that someone is having a go at identity theft
or similar.

A sideways approach....

Get a PO box and collect it from the delivery office (this is different
from the sorting office in many cases, and may be nearer and easier).
Costs about a pound a week.

You can ask for mail to be held for that particular address, but it
isn't a specific service as far as I know. It seems to be a bit
unreliable, and depends on the particular postman on duty.
--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!