Anna Kettle

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:37:03 +0100, "Mike" wrote:

"Anna Kettle" wrote in message

Yes wool batt insulation originated in France. There is a producer
here in England now and one would hope that their prices are
competitive with importing from France

Unfortunately the quote has been posted off since we would have no

further
involvement and so I didn't keep a copy! But...this would suggest that it
is competively priced here in France. I'll investigate and post back if I
find anything worthwhile. Whether it would be worth a trip to fetch it is
another matter :-)

I haven't spoken to the grant people yet but what I am hoping is that
cos the government is putting lots of money into energy saving so its
possible that they subsidise the cost of wool batts. Thats what I'm
hoping anyway cos fleece has no value now. Isn't it shocking that
farmers have to burn fleeces

All ours go for insulation nowadays. The fleeces were never that good for
wool or sheepskin clothing anyway so the prices fetched are quite similar.

Do you know why? English wool used to be highly prized and I always
assumed it was something to do with the climate rather than the sheep
itself cos otherwise why didn't them foreigners sheepnap some of ours
and set up in competition?

Are you unusual in selling it for insulation or has the trade expanded
sufficiently to take most of the nation's fleeces?

Anna

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642