René

On 30 Mar 2005 22:31:18 -0800, "luch" wrote:

I'm going to be putting a tv in a room where the viewing area will be
across the room, with a lot of ambient noise. I'd like to hook up my
tv to speakers in the viewing area, but the tv has not audio output,
just a headphone jack. Is there an adaptor that will allow me to
convert from the headphone jack to a speaker connection? These
speakers would not be powered, just in-wall speakers.

After reading some of the posts in this forum, I'm starting to get
concerned about creating a shock hazard or about blowing a component on
the tv? If this will work, what are the specs of the speakers I should
look a getting? If this will not work, will wireless speakers give me
what I want (I don't want the added wrinkle of having to remember to
power on/off the speakers, and there is not an electrical outlet in the
viewing area.) Thanks for any help.

Easy way out: buy PC speakers (intended for connection to PC -
soundcard) - they usually have a 3.5mm input jack that can be plugged
into the headphone output (use converter if this output is 6 mm).
Headphone jack should be isolated from hazardous voltages.

--
- René