Luigi Zanasi

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:47:35 -0500, "C & S"
scribbled:

Any ideas of how to set up a spacer? I don't know of any local machine
shops. for lack of a better idea, I could use a two blade stabilizers and
some dado shims.

I've used 1/2" lexan & other bits of thin plastic, cardboard and
paper. Cut out a 2-inch dia. circle with a hole saw on the drill press
and then bore out the centre hole to 5/8" (or whatever your arbour
diameter is).

Note that a 1/2" spacer won't give you a 1/2" tenon as the carbide saw
teeth project further than the sides of the blade. Hence the need to
add thinner plastic or cardboard shims.

Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html