Gunner

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 00:58:35 GMT, "Karl Townsend"
remove .NOT to reply wrote:

I bought a 1 ton Budgit 3 phase hoist at auction. Tried it today. Went up
and down a couple of times just fine. After that, the motor would only hum;
no attempt at motion.

I just tore it down. Nothing obviously wrong. What are the chances of a bad
spot on the windings causing this? Any way to double check for this problem?

Karl

Typically this means you lost contact in one leg of the switch. A bit
of WD-40 usually cleans em up.

Gunner

Lathe Dementia. Recognized as one of the major sub-strains of the
all-consuming virus, Packratitis. Usual symptoms easily recognized
and normally is contracted for life. Can be very contagious.
michael