skuke

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:13:18 -0800, Eric R Snow wrote:

Tool pressure was
constant and pretty high.

Thanks. I did figure out that aggressive feeds were needed.

If the drill dwelled the stuff would work harden.

Yup. Got that right.

I was also parting off .040 O.D. X .020 I.D.
tubing with HSS and did experience a couple of collapses. It was
because the feed wasn't high enough. The HSS parting tool had visible
wear. Increasing the feed solved the problem.

I do a fair amount of small diameter, thin wall tubing (various hypo tubes)
and found that a really thin ThinBit works well to minimize tool pressure
and prevent collapse

Thanks for the tips.
--
Skuke