James Sweet

"meirman" wrote in message
news
In sci.electronics.repair on Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:16:14 -0500 "JANA"
posted:

CRT sets will last about 30,000 to 40,000 hours on the average. The new

LCD
sets will probably last about 50,000 to 60,000 hours.

CRT sets are soon to no longer be manufactured. Support for them will

soon
be very limited, if any at all.

But most of them don't break anyhow.

The picture quality on an LCD set will also
be superior to the CRT set.

Will be? But he's buying one now. If he wants to see which looks
better now, he can go to the store and look at each of them.

It depends. The geometry, convergence and purity will be dead-on perfect,
something that's just not generally possible with a CRT. The thing I notice
with LCD TV's is that I can usually see some visible pixelation or
compression artifacts, hard to explain it but scenery like blue sky tends to
make it really stand out and to my eye it just generally looks like crap.
The small size is handy though, and for some material the picture looks just
fine. Of course I haven't looked at any high end LCD stuff, just the TV's
they have at Costco and whatnot.