DaveM

"NSM" wrote in message
news:aUs2e.99436$KI2.59920@clgrps12...

"DaveM" wrote in message

the application is a meat
dehydrator
that is 3 phase 208v although i could pull 120vac down. any ideas??

Buy an industrial timer, or use two for more range.

I'm not normally a fan of Radio Shack, but they have a battery-operated
digital timer that can be set up to 100 hours, in 1-second increments.

For a 3 phase 208 VAC system, an industrial timer is the best bet. You can
preset it for the time desired, and then restart it as each load is cycled
through. The RS one needs manual supervision.

The OP didn't specify that the timer be able to control the appliance...
just that it provide an audible signal upon expiration of time. Nor was he
specific about whether the timer actually needed to be run from the mains.

Sorry if I failed to read his mind properly... {;)

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in